In a list compiled from research done by the company New World Wealth showing SA’s luxury hotels with the highest number of multimillionaire visitor bookings annually, Durban did well – with the two Umhlanga landmark establishments ranking among the Crème de la Crème of South African hotels.
The Beverly Hills Hotel, which has just celebrated its 50th anniversary, sits proudly at no.8, whilst the always photogenic Oyster Box Hotel came in at 10th place – managing 300 & 200 multimillionaire visitors respectively for the year (average numbers, rounded to the nearest 100)
The list was certainly well populated with indulgent locations, and we’re very proud to see two of our home-grown stunners on it!
- Lost City and Sun City, North West – 900
- The Michelangelo, Johannesburg – 700
- The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town – 600
- Sandton Sun, Johannesburg – 500
- Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, Cape Town – 400
- Cape Grace, Cape Town – 400
- One&Only, Cape Town – 400
- Beverly Hills, Umhlanga – 300
- Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, Cape Town – 300
- The Oyster Box, Umhlanga – 200