22 Days of the EXCEPTIONAL Zulu Kingdom – Day 5
The Durban Green Corridor is a service point for Eco tourists looking for authentic, unique and exciting nature experiences within the city of Durban. Durban Green Corridor specializes in information and reservations for leisure and outdoor activities ranging from exciting adventures to authentic cultural experiences or simply enjoying unforgettable natural beauty.
The Durban Green Corridor is a lot more than meets the eye, the Durban Green Corridor is a cultural and environmental conservation project. So, you as a tourist in our beautiful city can make a huge difference by simply enjoying our natural and cultural treasures.
The Durban Green Corridor (DGC) is an initiative of the eThekwini Municipality and the Duzi uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) and focuses on:
- Local job creation and social empowerment
- Promotion of eco-tourism and adventure sports within the uMngeni River Valley
- Nature protection and conservation of the uMngeni River Valley and estuary
- Environmental education for local residents and schools
By supporting the Durban Green Corridor during your next Holiday to Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (or if you live in Durban) you will be directly contributing to the conservation of our incredible natural and cultural heritage.
- Explore the Umgeni River Valley on Foot -explore mangroves, rugged valleys and waterfalls. Guided & Self Guided trails suitable for all levels of fitness. Starting at as little as R20 per person.
- Visit the sacred Rastafarian caves or an authentic Zulu Village. Visit a shebeen and traditional healer. Guided Tours starting at R370 per person including traditional meals
- Cycle around Durban – and see the dramatic scenery. Arguably the finest Mountain Bike trails in KZN. Guided or self-guided, bring your own bike or use ours. Trails to suit all fitness levels and age groups.
- Nothing beats a day on the water. Paddle the uMngeni River and shores of Inanda Dam. From as little as R40 per person.
- Find the elusive African Finfoot, Crowned Eagle, flocks of waterbirds and over 200 other bird species in six distinct habitats. A Bird Watchers Paradise.
- Bring the family, pack your picnic, put your feet up & enjoy Durban Green Corridor’s natural beauty in a safe, secure environment. Day visitor entry fees to our sites, only R20 per person.
Visit Durban Green Corridor on Facebook: www.facebook.com/durbangreencorridor